Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dear Kiptyn

Happy half birthday my Love Bug!

Where has the time gone?  I can't believe you are already half a year old.  


 From the moment we saw you, you stole our hearts. 
   Even though it has only been 6 months, we cannot imagine life without you.  You fill up our souls with love and we have taken in each and every moment watching you grow.    


Your Daddy and I have been blessed with the best gift ever.  You are happy, strong, funny, a sweetheart, and have a shining personality!


There have been days of laughter, tears, and sickness and you have taught us so many important lessons.  I love how you love.  You always have a smile to pass along (even to strangers who love to give your Mommy advice on how to raise her child).


Although Mommy is still adjusting to her new body post-baby, the c-section scar that you left behind makes me smile now as it just makes me think of YOU.  You made me a Mama and I will forever in indebted to you for that.


Your big open mouthed kisses send me through the roof with love.  I love the way you reach out and hold my face pulling it in for more kisses.Your laugh is infectious and nobody can witness it without laughing right along.


Your big white "chicklets" in the bottom of your mouth are cuter than ever and I know that the top ones will be coming along soon.


 
 You gave me a tough time in the beginning learning along with me how to feed you.  Now, we have the opposite issue...you don't know how to feed without me....and for now, I'm okay with that.  I feel a special closeness with you and it makes me so happy that I can comfort and sooth you.


Before you were born we talked many nights and days about what we thought you would look like, act like, and bring to our lives.  We could NEVER have even imagined this much love if we tried.


 Since you have mastered rolling over, we have recently been practicing sitting up.  All too soon you will be crawling around and giving me a run for my money.  


 You have tried cereal, squash, apples, pears, and sweet potato.  You sure love your food- except bananas and meat....we are working on that. 


I cannot get enough of your sweet voice which has been trying to tell me stories for months now.  I also love your soft whispers and coos when you rest your head on my shoulder before drifting off to sleep.



 I love when I go to check on you in the night and I smell "baby" as soon as I open your nursery door.


Kiptyn, I love you more than words can say.  You are still my little Bug and will always be my Prince.  I cannot wait to see what the next 6 months has in store for us and at the same time I want to bottle up your squishy baby "goodness" and stay in this moment forever.



I can honestly say that I have never been happier in my life than I am in this very moment.  


  I love you sweet baby.


Love, 
Mommy

 

1 comment:

  1. That was so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes.
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete