Monday, January 2, 2012

It was a Holly Jolly Christmas!

Here we are in 2012!


 I am going to rewind a bit to get the Christmas post in and hope that the New Year post isn't too far behind.  I got some "bling" nails done for Christmas.  When else can you wear BIG sparkles and get away with it at my age?  PS- This Christmas David's tea was amazing!


"All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth....." And guess what Kiptyn got!?!  

Say "Cheese"....I love this picture.  
You can't really see the teeth but this was the face he gave me when I attempted to capture them.


 They came in so quickly.
Smily Baby...


Two TEEF!


Christmas week was a lot of fun.  Kiptyn sure did get spoiled for his first Christmas. Here is the picture of Kippy on Santa's knee (finally).


 We started out the weekend with a party at Lauren's house!  Kiptyn slept through the whole thing and didn't even know he was being passed around. (Don't mind Morgan and I....these are our decorations we wear every year off of Lauren's tree....long story)


The past few weeks we have not been getting a lot of sleep.  Some people say that at 4 months babies have a sleep regression.  I am not sure I completely agree with this.  I think every baby is different and for Kiptyn, he was just getting used to nursing to sleep and therefore was waking up every 45min-2hours each night and wanting to be soothed back to sleep by nursing.  Neither of us were getting the sleep we needed and Dave and I decided that since he was home for two weeks we would try some sleep training and see where it got us.



I have always been against allowing a baby to cry, so I was very hesitant that anything would work right away.  Imagine my shock when the first night he slept 8 hours straight, nursed and then slept another 4 hours!  I thought it was a fluke but he has been doing this every night now for the past week.  I am so proud of him and so glad that he is getting the sleep he needs.  He is now able to sooth himself back to sleep in his crib if he wakes up and he hardly makes a peep when we put him to bed.  What a little angel I have.


Gearing up for Christmas, little Bug loved his Mickey Mouse Musical Christmas book!

 He also enjoyed trying on a Santa hat in his Jumperoo!




Jumping Christmas legs!


Christmas baby.  I love those lips!  So kissable...(except he opens his mouth when you try to kiss him)


We spent Christmas Eve with family out for a big dinner at the Mandarin (a tradition that we have done for years).  Kiptyn LOVED the fishies.  
 

 
 Then we went to church and back to my parent's house to celebrate.


Someone special is under the tree.

A little walking practice with Grandma.



 On Christmas Day, (after the first night of sleep training) we slept in until 8am and just did stockings here at our house before heading back over to my parent's house for breakfast and gifts.  
The stockings were hung by the window with care....


My mom decided to serenade us with a beautiful song on the guitar...

Thank goodness it was a JOKE.  We were all a little worried.


 Around lunchtime we came home, had our own little family Christmas, and then got ready for the day.  Daddy read Kiptyn a new Christmas book, and helped him open some of his gifts.



 In the early afternoon we went to Dave's parent's house and had a wonderful Christmas dinner with both sets of parents and more family. 



 Back home and getting ready for bed!
Spoiled?



 On the 28th we had another family Christmas party.  Kiptyn hung out with his cousin Layton.  What cuties! Here is Layton playing with my Dad.

 Kiptyn and my sister Laura.

The Cake!


It was a very memorable First Christmas with our Baby boy.  I can't believe next year he will be up and walking!
Merry Christmas everyone!




2 comments:

  1. Kiptyn is so darn gorgeous....ask him how he feels about stealth ninja raised girls...I know one who may be interested in a marriage betrothal contract ;) HIYA! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! Erin I just only saw this comment NOW! Yes, Izzy can had Kiptyn for sure! He thought she'd never ask! Is she a mountain girl or should we seek houses here in Ontario? ;)

    ReplyDelete