Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February so far...

Wow!  Life has really taken off in the past week or so. 
Things are crazy around our house but we are staying afloat.


Our little man sure is an early riser!  Of course he goes to bed at 5:30pm (yes I know that is SUPER early but we are working on daytime naps and until he sleeps longer in the day he really does need the sleep at night), and he wakes up anywhere between 5-6:30am.  One morning he decided 4:45 was a better time.  Lol.  I am SO lucky that Dave brings him to me to feed him in our bed and then brings him downstairs for a while until Dave has to get ready for work.  It REALLY helps.  You know what else helps? Coffee...Java...whatever you want to call it.  Have you ever seen a more beautiful sight at 5am?






And the BEST part?  Dave's goodbye to the Bug.



We went to John and Judy's house on the weekend and Kiptyn and I enjoyed a little bath time fun in their BIG bathtub!


 SPLASH!







We have introduced some bath toys at home and he gets so excited.  Here he is waiting for the bath to fill up.



Post Bath- My little bundle of happiness


Cute little guy!


This week Kiptyn had his 6 month check-up.  He was a trooper for his shots and the Doctor said he looked great!  He is still only 15lbs (no gain from 4 month check-up) but they don't seem concerned.  (Of course his head is still in the 95th percentile...lol- lots of brains!)


His little chubby legs with the Garfield Bandaids where his shots were.


 He looks pretty chubby to me but he is quite short on the "chart" for his age so I think that is why his weight seems light.  The doctor suggested sweet potatoes and avocado to help put on some weight but we have already been doing that.  And Kiptyn LOVES his cereal.  He would eat it 8 times a day if I let him.



Do you think he's hungry???
 Kippy LOVES dill pickles!  He doesn't get them regularly however I discovered that he likes them when we went out for lunch and he was all over that pickle!  He got one more little taste at Daddy's work one day.


Pickle man!


We also went to visit Great Grandma Ola.  She was VERY happy to see Kiptyn.




On our way out we realized that the streets that cross right outside of the home are "David Street" and "Campbell Street"!  That is Dave's name!  David Campbell!  Now if only "Kiptyn Street" also crossed "Campbell Street"...


I recently realized that I can take pictures in the dark with our SLR camera without a flash and they don't turn out dark!  Guess what I did?



We went to a Superbowl Party this weekend.  I made a cake (which was VERY rich and yummy!).  I took the idea from a friend (She made a cute birthday one) and just adapted it to suit the Superbowl. I also made extra brownie footballs for the kids.


There were about 15 or so kids at the party!  What fun!  Take a close look at this picture of Stacey and Sarah...


LOL....Emily's doll looked a lot like Kiptyn's twin!  Kiptyn of course had his football outfit on. He only lasted until 6:30pm until he fell asleep in my arms.


Kippy-boo is rolling all over the place and playing very well by himself with his toys if I need to put him down for a few minutes.




Okay stop it!  Is there anything cuter than a baby's bum? Especially this one!


Attempting to sit up.  Still working on it...about 1 second after I took this picture he toppled over.  All in good time.

I love this baby.


I have discovered something super cute.  When Kiptyn nurses, he crosses his little feet.  Ahhh....I'm just going to relax here a while......



Playing with Daddy after work is a good time!




Look at those eyes and LIPS! Pucker up Valentine!


And night time cuddles with Daddy are just as nice, especially when teething.  His top right tooth has appeared! 


My mom is so in love.



Kiptyn is in love too!  Here is his face when we met my parents at the Marketplace on Saturday morning.


He loves his exersaucer!



And still enjoys his swing...


But Busy Bee gets tired too!


A friend of mine got this adorable shirt for us...cracks me up!


Another adorable shirt to match an adorable Prince...



This week I made it to a card night!
 I also made a roast in the crockpot!



I am looking forward to our vacations coming up!  One will be go-go-go, the other will be full of relaxing.  Next week...Valentine's Day with my wonderful husband and my Baby Love!




No comments:

Post a Comment