Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Sunshine

Finally summer has arrived! 

I am now finished work completely for the next 14 months!  Thank goodness for being a teacher.  :)

We have been VERY busy since school ended however.  We have been working on the house, getting paperwork finished, running errands, and hanging out with friends and family as much as possible before our little BUG gets here.

We had the Emily Carr CAR RALLY last week which Dave and his partner in crime created for their staff.  I luckily joined a car and was the DD driver for the day.  It was SO much fun and we all appreciated the amount of effort that went into the Rally.  

This is my team on the beach!  Mike, Kay, Lindsay, and I.


My baby belly on the beach.



Dave and I at our final destination before dinner.  It was BEAUTIFUL.



My mom held a shower for me joined with my Grandma's 93rd birthday celebration last weekend.  It was so nice to see all of the family, and it turned out to be another beautiful day!



We went to a BBQ at Nancy & Colin's house for Canada Day.  There were fireworks all around the neighbourhood and when we got home we saw about five more sets from our own neighbourhood.  We watched them from the windows in our attic/loft.  What fun!



The day after Canada Day...still in my Canada Day pj's...love my little BUG! 





I had my Dance Company girls over for a year-end BBQ to thank them for all of their hard work.  They were so cute.  The weather was hot and then turned into a STORM so we ran inside to enjoy the Dance Show on DVD as well as some Rock Band.



Other than that, we have been lounging by Chris & Jen's pool and enjoying the weather.



Dave and his Dad and Dennis are currently working on the shed in the backyard and it is really coming along!  We need the space to store all of our stuff from the garage.  



They have also been putting down a floor in the attic (other half of the loft is unfinished) so that we can use that as storage as well.  It was be SO nice to finally be able to get our "baby stuff" organized and put away, then we will have a guest room once again for visitors!


Well, off to cool down in the pool and supervise the men while they work away...goodness pregnancy has its benefits!




Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment