Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Here's the Scoop!

Well!  The little stinker is BREECH!

We just found out on Friday and therefore since the doctor said I most likely wouldn't make it to my due date anyway (I am already dilated and VERY crampy!), he scheduled the C-Section for TOMORROW!  


 Tomorrow, July 27, 2011 our little baby Bug will enter the world.  Not the way we had planned but I have a feeling there will be a lot of things that he will throw at us over the years to come that will be "unplanned"...lol.  This will also be a very special date for Dave and I because Dave proposed to me on the beach in PEI at sunset on this exact date 2 years ago.  We will always remember that date and now we will be adding to the memories.

We are VERY excited.  I am also a little bit scared, but I hear this is normal.  I was a little sad at the beginning when I found out that I wouldn't be able to give birth to him the natural way, but with his safety (and my own) in mind we now understand that this is the BEST way for all of us.  

Since I am not the best sleeper in the world I am wondering how tonight will go.  I have so many things running through my mind, many of which I have written down over the past little while (some of these things I posted on livejournal a few months ago):

-will we be able to raise our little man the way that we talked about?
-will I be a good mother?
-will I have the energy to make each day special and exciting for him?
-will I be able to give him the knowledge and opportunities life has to offer in order for him to be everything that he has the potential to be?
-will he see and do a wide variety of things in order to see the world from all angles and be able to choose what he wants to do in life?
-will he learn to love his friends and family, make good choices, give back to the world, and make time for the people who love him?
-will we educate him enough about peer pressure, bullying, sexual awareness, being a leader, having goals and dreams, getting a great job that he loves, finding true love, and raising a proper family himself that brings him pure joy and happiness?

I know everything will fall into place once he arrives and we bring him home but I can't help but think about everything that is to come.  I will use my natural instincts in order to provide in the best way I can for him and for our family.  I am SO VERY blessed to have so many amazing friends and family in our lives.  Thank you to everyone who has showered us with love, blessings, gifts and advice over the past nine months.  We are truly lucky.  Dave and I will be trying to make as many phone calls, texts, and e-mails tomorrow and in the following days as possible to give everyone the news.  Of course we should probably NAME the little Bug before we do so!  Lol....we honestly don't have a name yet!  Perhaps "Bug" will just stick?

Hope this finds everyone well.  Thanks again for all of your love and support.  We can't wait to introduce you to our newest little family member!


Lots of love always, 
Carla & Dave












 



1 comment:

  1. Oh my word Carla I'm so excited for you. You nearly had me in tears with that post. I will be thinking of you lots and can't wait for news of the arrival!

    He is blessed to have you as parents.
    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete