Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Sunshine State!

Although we have been back for over a week now from our relaxing vacation in Florida I have not gotten out of "relaxation mode" quite yet!  I took this picture at sunset from the balcony of where my parent's stayed right at the bridge to Sanibel Island.


Here we GO!.....our Florida trip from start to finish (get ready....it is a long one with A LOT of pictures!).


The trip started out on a pretty crazy note.  Kiptyn and I were dropped off at the Detroit airport alone just after lunch.  After figuring out the baggage issues (my bag was too heavy...of course it was...lol), we finally got to our gate.  When the plane was supposed to be taking off and we had not yet boarded they came on the speaker to let us know there were hydrolic issues and we would be delayed.  

Three hours later they cancelled our flight.  The flights for the next morning were full (as everyone rushed to reschedule) and I was a little worried staying in a hotel overnight by myself in Detroit with the little man.  Shortly after they cancelled the flight they also cancelled a flight to Vegas (it was a smaller plane) and let us know that they could get some of us there after all but they wouldn't have room for everyone.  We made the cut!  The flight was also a little stressful as Kiptyn was overtired and didn't want to sleep, and the lights in the plane were on the whole trip as they had a medical issue with someone sitting at the front.  Finally, after midnight we landed in Fort Myers!


 Were we ever glad to see Grandma and Grandpa Welbourn!  Kiptyn hadn't seen his Grandparents since January so it was nice to see them together again!

Grandpa and Kiptyn on the computer.


 Trying on Grandpa's hat!


Swimming with Grandma.
 

A cool shot with the underwater camera.


Grandpa reading(?) to Kiptyn.


Grandma keeping Kiptyn warm and dry after a swim.


The first day or two Kiptyn was adjusting to everything and dealing with a tiny cold and another goopy eye. I swear he is allergic to airplanes! Grandma and Grandpa Welbourn made sure the condo was fully ready for their Grandson!  We had an exersaucer, a play mat, toys, a pool floaty and diapers waiting for us!  Kiptyn spent a lot of time with those toys and he really loved the toy box with all the shapes!











 


 Kiptyn enjoyed the pool every single day.  He loved the water!

 BIG smiles!


Tiny feet!


 Juuuust loungin'.




A good book.  Don't worry, I was right there beside him.



 






 We made a trip to Fort Myers beach one day and spent the morning dipping in the ocean and looking around.  Of course Kiptyn tried to eat the sand (I suppose all babies like to do that), but he loved sitting at the shore and having the warm little waves come up and hit him.


Kiptyn's first time in the ocean!





 

One day we went to Lakes Park where we went to a morning market and then hit up the splash pad!  Kiptyn had so much fun (and Mommy did too...lol).



Of course we did some shopping!  Here is Kiptyn at the Disney store!


I also taught him the LEGGUITAR!


We took a few walks around the condo complex.  Kiptyn liked the downtime...


Sometimes it just put him to sleep!


The grass is not as soft as it is here...but Kippy didn't mind.


He even met a little friend!


Kiptyn has never really been in the heat before as we kept him indoors most of the time last summer when he was first born.  It was funny not to have a onesie on him all the time under his clothes and to see his little belly poking out from under some of his shirts!  His cheeks also got pink coloured when he was warm. Too cute.


It was nice to have some cuddle time in the mornings with my tiny Bug.  He sure is a good cuddler!


I have a video that we made together to say hello to "Daddy" as we missed him SO much that first week.  I kept saying "tell Daddy we miss him Kippy", and Kiptyn said clear as day, "Dad" twice!  I know he doesn't know what it means but I almost rolled off the bed when I heard it! Here is the link to the shortened video.  It is really short and SO worth watching...even if it is sideways, the camera angle is strange, and we both just woke up so we look a little rough....lol.  



 John and Judy had Kiptyn practicing his crawling while we were there.  He can get up on his knees and rock back and forth but that is as far as he gets.  Even now, he can only scoot backward.  Ah well, I'm not in a HUGE rush to baby proof yet anyway!


All in all a great week full of fun and play....then Daddy arrived!


Dave said that Kiptyn looked bigger and he could see a big difference while being away from him.  Kiptyn also wouldn't stop staring at his Dad the whole time he carried him through the airport.  They had so much fun in the pool together.








Dave caught some cool shots of Kiptyn and I in the pool too.

 

 My parents arrived halfway through the week and we went to their place (15 minutes away)  to check it out!  The view of the ocean was beautiful and the screened in patio was perfect.





We went to Pinchers Crab Shack for a big fresh seafood dinner.  Kiptyn was such a cutie and loved all the action.



 
 
Dave left to go home that Friday and Kiptyn and I went to spend the rest of our time in Florida with my parents.  Even though I was at their place, we still got together with John and Judy a few nights for dinner.  It was nice to have everyone together (except poor Dave who had to go back to work!), for St. Patrick's Day!








My silly Dad (look at his ear...)


We spent some time by their pool....


My little fish.




 I LOVE this picture!  So tropical.


 

 RESPECT YOUR MOTHER

EARTH

Ride the horsey!  My mom used to do this to me when I was little.  Love it.


We spent some time at the Beach...


Breakfast at Fort Myers Beach.


Back to the Ocean!  He loves it!



On the Pier


See the pelican in the background????


We did some shopping...


Cute little crab cake!


The men hung out while us ladies shopped.


We went out for dinner...

This place was called Bahama Breeze.  We sat outside and had amazing seafood (yes again) while listening to the Steel Drums.  I am in LOVE with the Steel Drums. Kiptyn had better learn to play these.  I just have to convince Dave that it is a good idea...




And we went on a dolphin cruise off of Captiva Island!  Okay we need to stop here a moment.  I just have to say that it is SO worth it to go on this cruise if you ever get the chance.  I have never experienced anything like it in my life.  For the first 45 minutes we didn't see anything.  The boat ride and the pina coladas however were fantastic and therefore we didn't mind too much.  








 And then out of the corner of my eye I saw this!


The following pictures are NOT on zoom.  When I went to the back of the boat outside I kid you not, those magical dolphins soaked me with salty ocean water each time they jumped beside the boat.  They followed the boat for over 30 minutes and I felt like I was in heaven.




I still can't stop looking at these pictures.  Amazing!

The last night in Florida we went out for dinner and then took a walk on the beach as we watched the sun set one last time.

 


In the morning we hit the pool and went for a little walk on the boardwalk before we packed up and headed to the airport.  The trees are so cool!



 His face cracks me up!


 Mama with her baby Kippy-boo.


Kiptyn enjoyed one last "play" in the exersaucer with the wonderful view of the palms...




It was a perfect vacation and just what we needed.  Now we are ready for the summer sunshine!



2 comments:

  1. Such a great post! Makes me miss Florida. And I laughed out loud HARD when I saw Kippy doing the leg guitar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren!

      We MUST go back together!!!! I miss you already and it has only been a week! Xoxox

      Delete