Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter Blessings

What a beautiful Easter Weekend!


Our weekend was full of friends and family and fun!


Before I get into the bunnies and the sheep and the Easter treats, here is a little recap of our week leading up to Easter!  The weather was beautiful which was really nice to come home to since we got used to the sunshine in Florida. We spent a lot of time on walks and at the park.  


We went to the pond near our house and saw some ducks and a goose.  The goose was quite brave...braver than this protective Mama who screamed, "Shoo!, shoo!, Shit!  Go away you dumb bird!" in panic mode when Mr. Goose decided to come close to her baby.






Prince of the Park!



Bear


Kiptyn now enjoys a good Cheerio or two!  We celebrated in the "been-there-bought-the-t-shirt" kind of way.  Literally.


Dave's school put on Seussical The Musical and we went to watch the dress rehearsal the weekend before they opened.  Kiptyn of course had to fit in, and he was really diggin' the Lorax trees.




We met up with Mike and Lindsay who came in from Vancouver!  I am so sad that we didn't get a photo of them with Kiptyn but they did take this one...LOL.


 He also wore his Miami Dolphins windsuit for them.  Mike, Lindsay, Ross & Noelle brought him back a Dolphins t-shirt when they went to Miami before he was born.  It i s still a bit big but we can't wait to wear it! 


This kid's eyes make me melt.  I love how I could just get lost in the pure Blue!


We visited Uncle Dean at work one day.  He just stared at him.  It was quite cute.


My little man looked SO grown up this day.. I would give him 8 years old...ha! Totally rad hair man, Totally Rad. And look how blond he is getting!


Here's my babe waiting patiently on the floor at the Superstore while Mommy printed off some pictures.  "Are you done yet Mama?  I want up".


Here is what I found at another store...can we say 1st Birthday!?!?!?!  AMAZING!


Kiptyn has taken to one TV show so far.  He watches taped copies while I prepare breakfast in the morning.  As soon as he hears Sid the Science Kid start to talk, his head bolts toward the TV and he is lost in a trance.


Likewise, give a kid a whisk, hours of fun!

 
  We went to another little baby get-together one day.  Kiptyn missed his friends while he was away in Florida!


Can you tell there is some teething going on?


Kiptyn and cutie girlfriend Lily.


 The babies were moving and grooving all over the place.  Kiptyn sat and played.  He still doesn't crawl.  We were a little late sitting up, and now a little late crawling, but this baby has all his little friends beat in the TEETH department! 6 now!


As for locomotion, he tends to somehow shimmy backwards and get stuck.


We went out to East Side Marios that night and Kiptyn wanted everything he couldn't have.  My pop being one of them!


Such a little flirt, watching all the women go by.


We came home and did a little photo shoot in the back yard.  Kippy was a bit tired so I couldn't get a smile out of him but I sure could eat those cheeks!


 


 



I have had a few strange encounters with holidays.  One Christmas Eve I saw a deer (Dasher or Dancer perhaps?), two Thanksgivings ago we had wild turkeys running in our neighbourhood, and this Easter?  Well lookie here.....double yolkers!  Only THREE eggs were cracked to create this magic!


We dyed some eggs.



And I let my little Boo play with them in the back yard.  At one point I couldn't understand why he had such a strange face.  One minute later I am fishing pink and purple egg shell out of his mouth.


 


I made a banner as well (as we have NO Easter decor yet for our home), and decorated as best I could.





Easter weekend we went to my parent's house where we visited with my sister Laura, my niece Leah, and my little Nephew Jackson.



Here he is in his "Juppy"!


We came home and enjoyed the back yard a little bit before bed.  I love my little Bunny.







I tried on his "Easter vest" only to realize that it is FAR too big.  Lol.  My cutie still wears a lot of 3-6 month clothing at 8 and a half months....this 6-9 vest will have to wait for the summer....


Easter Sunday Kiptyn woke up to some Easter treats left by the Easter Bunny!




Then we got ready to go to Gammy and Grandpa's House for Easter dinner!





They got him this adorable little bunny that sings, "Jesus Loves Me".


My sheep cupcakes!


Easter Monday we headed back one last time to say goodbye and to get a few photos of the boys in their matching polos.  These two LOVE each other!






We spent a morning with cousin Ava and Auntie Jen as well!  I love when cousins love on my boy.


And here are a few more of the Easter shots I took about a week before which I used for the Easter cards.









My baby still likes to sit with his legs crossed.  Love it.




His newest trick is that he can wave and say, "Haaaaaaahhhh!" which of course means, "Hi!".  This little man is all BOY.  He just screams boy and yet we like to keep him clean.  No feeding himself yet.  There will be plenty of time for that. For now we will do our best to save him from the mud that is to come.


Little Stinker! 


Our little guy is growing up so fast.  We try to capture every moment we can in our memories while he can still be called a baby.  Night time cuddles, bath time fun, stories, tickle monkey, teaching lessons and singing songs...it all has a special place in my heart.






And as for those eyelashes....goodness knows I could stare at them all day long.


No comments:

Post a Comment