Monday, May 23, 2011

A Place To Dream

So Dave and John finished painting the nursery this week.  It is ADORABLE.  We started with a tan/neutral colour and went all out Baby Boy!

Taped up and ready to go! 

First coat- It is actually really pale light blue...hard to tell



Final touches!  Another shade of pale blue added...it is actually not quite this bold in real life.
 

 
Here is the fabric I ordered online for the bedding.  It FINALLY arrived and now I am a little nervous to start!  Lets see how it goes- I just LOVE the pattern on it.  Classic old fashioned Toile.  








 Flowers from Dave on my FIRST Mother's Day!


The belly is growing!!!  Sorry for the more intimate shot...just like a bathing suit right?



I now have the PERFECT spot to rest a big bowl of watermelon (My newest favourite food)
Here are a few of the baby blankets I have been making to practice for the bedding...(please don't judge!  I am NEW to sewing.  I JUST bought the machine and still have to read the manual each time I run out of thread.  Ha ha ha..... 


This next one was such a pain in the butt.  I am glad it is done...Lol.  Don't look too close!


 This one was my first Rag Quilt.  It has liner inside of it and the back is that same purple colour as the one dinosaur.  This one will just keep getting cuter each time I wash it with the ragged edges.  :)



This one is a gift for Dave's volleyball friend who just had a little boy...it is my new specialty.  I have made three in the past two months...so easy!  No sewing involved!



Here is Dave's newest project!  He is building gardens in the backyard.  Still a LONG way to go still but it's a start! 


 That's all for now!  Due to a very tragic event our 3D Ultrasound this weekend was moved to Wednesday.  Therefore expect another update by next weekend!  I haven't really decided how to let people know about updates....I think I will just update at least once a week and hopefully people will continue checking.  Let me know if you have a better idea.  I just don't want to keep bothering people with messages saying that I have updated.

Have a great night!  It is a short week this week!  
HOORAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment