Sunday, May 15, 2011

3D Ultrasound

Good Morning!

Goodness is it ever early.  I wonder if I will EVER learn to sleep in?

We headed to Cambridge on Wednesday for our 3D ultrasound with our parents (minus my Dad who is in Florida with my brother Ben for his Liberation treatment for Multiple Sclerosis- it went REALLY well!). 



If you get a chance to try the 3D ultrasound...you have to go for it....it was an amazing experience!



Unfortunately my little angel Bug decided to stay asleep for the full hour!  He didn't want to move his hands or turn his face toward the camera at all.  We tried chocolate, pop, walking, moving around, and poking the poor little guy but he stayed asleep aside from a few little kicks.  We ended up getting two pictures from the whole thing and a pass to come back next weekend to try again.



I must say, he sure is flexible!  He had his feet right up to his head most of the time.  SO close in fact that he could have been sucking on his toes!




They also recorded his heartbeat and sent us home with a heartbeat bear (like a Build-A-Bear) where they put a sound recording inside of a bear so that when we squeeze the bear we can always hear his heartbeat.



Overall it was an amazing experience and I can't wait to go back again to see a little more of a sneak peek.





We are now in the process of painting the nursery (well Dave is doing that part) and purchasing furniture.  Hopefully the paint will be finished this week and I will post the progress of the room!

1 comment:

  1. Carla, you look fantastic! I wish i looked that good when i was pregnant.
    Mom and i are thinking of heading down a weekend in June. Can you let us know if this would work for you?
    I look forward to your next update :)

    Leah

    ReplyDelete