Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tiny Prince

Hello again world!
 

Is it ever BUSY!  Although I feel like we don't go out very often, the days sure do go by fast.  The first few weeks of having a baby is hard work!  He is growing like a weed now and finally got back up to his birth weight last week.  I am sure we have well surpassed it by now as he hit that 3 week growth spurt this week.  The past few nights/days he has been wanting to feed pretty much every hour or so.  It seems when we are out and busy he gives us those 3 hour magical sleeps but at night he just wants to stay awake!  Just like his Mama....only this Mama is TIRED now.  Lol. 


He sure loves his Daddy

We love looking at him and enjoying his "tiny-ness" before it goes away.  This week I have been noting his cute little features and capturing them as much as possible both on film and in my mind.

Tiny Feet


Tiny Hands


Squishy sleepy lips


Big Eyes that sometimes make us feel as though he is seeing a ghost in the house but when we turn around....nothing is there!

 
We have been visiting many people and having lots and lots of visitors come over to keep us company.  




Here is the first visit with Great-Grandma Bride.  She was SO happy to see the little man and we were SO happy to bring him to her!


We got his birth certificate in the mail as well as his health card already!  It was so much fun to go to the mailbox and see mail addressed to KIPTYN CAMPBELL WELBOURN!

Here is his tiny baby bracelet we had some ladies make while he was in the hospital.  It is just so cute.  A keepsake for sure!


We went to our first birthday party this week and Kiptyn even got a loot bag!  Spoiled little guy!


We have been enjoying the bath (he LOVES the warm water) and he even joined Mommy in the big tub a couple of times this week.



 
We have been trying out the faux-hawk as well...gotta love that head of hair.


We have been working on "tummy time".  He is so strong already!  He can lift his head and move it from one side to the other.


 
Although I feel a little bad posting pics of him so sad...they are SO cute!  Lol.  Look at this sad face.  Don't you just want to kiss him????


Here is Mr. Kiptyn before he gets fed......not too happy!


And here he is nice and calm with his bottle (don't be fooled....he is not bottle fed.  We are STILL working on nursing and therefore this could have been his last bottle for a while!)


Mr. Cool with his Shades!


Tiny Mister


I am trying to get on the computer as much as possible so I am sure once things get more and more "back to normal" around here I will be updating more often.  I would LOVE to read comments and hear from you out there reading this Blog.  I have no idea who reads it and who doesn't so please drop a comment every once in a while to let me know you are out there.  I am also looking into the Blogging community a bit so if you have a blog as well let me know...I would love to follow you and since this is all very new to me I have a lot to learn. 



That's all for now folks.  I am going to check on Daddy and Baby and if Baby is asleep....we best be off to bed because goodness knows we won't be in bed very long before we are up and rocking, feeding, changing, burping, soothing, walking the halls, and cuddling all night long.








6 comments:

  1. Carla, you are looking absolutely beautiful. And there are no words to describe how sweet your baby boy is! I am so thrilled to hear and see how much joy he has brought you and Dave.
    I'm proud of you for giving your best effort with breast feeding - I've heard how difficult and discouraging it can seem. All you can do is keep trying.
    Thank you for finding time to post these blogs. Its been hard missing out on Kiptyn's first weeks, but this helps us feel like we're still there with you.
    All our love,
    Linds and Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading your blog Carla! and I love all the pictures. It's so great to have such an adorable record of his 'tiny' days. I hope you're not too exhausted to enjoy them! It sounds like you appreciate the heck out of Kiptyn - even his crying face. I do just want to give him a kiss and a cuddle... and then I'd pass him back to you, 'cos I'm sure he's crying for his mama.
    Love tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also a subscriber! LOVE the pictures! The pictures make me want him all to myself! (minus the crying and feeding and no sleep part!) ;) He is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love your blog, Carla!! I look forward to your updates as they make me feel like I am right there beside you. Miss you!

    xo Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what it was but something just drew me to your blog tonight!! :D I read the latest two entires Thanksgiving and Autumn Blessings.. then I just had to start at the beginning, as I had only started following you about half way through!! And I just have to say, Kiptyn's crying/sad face is exactly the same!! :) He is sooo cute and tiny!!! Our boys have grown soo big soo fast!!!
    I really need to get my blog going again, these memories are too precious not to have a record of!! :) Thanks for inspiring me to start again!!! Hoping I can do a bit of catch up!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see this until now! Thanks for reading girly! I hope you find the time to do your blog. Although it is time consuming, I am so happy that I am keeping these memories. Hope to see you and little Max soon!!!!

      Delete