Saturday, May 30, 2015

Dear Guppy

My third sweet baby...my Guppy.



Your due date has come and gone and that tells me one major thing.  Just like your sister...you know what you want and when you want it.  You will come when the timing is right and when you are ready.  

Whenever the time is right baby, we will be waiting with open arms to greet you into our family.  You are already a part of us and we love you more than you will ever know.  This pregnancy has been different for us in so many ways.  One major thing being that we don't know your gender.  We knew with both your brother and your sister, but this time we wanted to just wait and see when you decide to come earth side.  I thought it would be a lot harder not to know than it has been...but I am actually very surprised at how excited I am not to know.  I simply cannot wait until the minute I get to lay eyes on you and to start memorizing your face. Everyone is so eager to meet you.

Your brother Kiptyn has been talking about you for months and months now and has so much love to give already.  He is completely convinced you are a boy and that no matter what gender you actually end up being that your name should most certainly be "School Bus".  He has been talking about ways he is going to make you happy when you are sad and how he can make you feel safe when you are unsure of the world around you.  He is your protector.  He is going to be one amazing brother to you as we can see his unreal bond with his little sister already.

Maisy is a little bit too young to really understand that you are on your way.  She enjoys doing the "Belly BUMP!" with Mama already (we lift our shirts and bump bellies together while we yell Belly BUMP!) and I know that once you arrive she will be like another little Mama to you.  I will try to keep her from stuffing you inside of her doll beds and strollers and I will try to get her to share your bouncy seat as she already has made herself at home in it.  One thing I do know for sure, is that the three of you guys are going to be an unstoppable team.  You are going to be so full of love and there will always be someone there to guide you when you need some support.

Your Daddy and I have had several talks about what you will be like as a person.  How different your siblings are from each other and how we know you will also be unique and wonderful in your own way.  We love dreaming about our future together as a family.  We can't wait to take it all in and learn from each of you the true meaning of life and love.

We are having trouble naming you (this seems to happen every time), but I know that once you are here and we start to get to know you the name will just come and it will feel right.  We are ready and prepared to deliver you at home this time as Maisy paved the way with her surprise delivery on the bed in the wee hours of the morning.  I am anxious to know how the labour and delivery will play out and when it will take place but I am more than willing to wait for you to take the lead on this one.  We are now connected through body and I will completely allow myself to do what it knows how to do in order to bring you into this world.  I will embrace the process and will soak up this special time we will share while you come into the world.  Once you are in my arms we will forever still be connected by blood and I will let you fly and learn and love in this world while supporting you through it all.

Guppy, my tiny tiny babe, I am so excited that our time to meet face to face is almost here.  I couldn't feel more alive than I do right now and we are so eager and thrilled to be the lucky family that you will join all too soon.

Lots of love forever, 
Mama


2 comments:

  1. tears. beautiful letter to that sweet babe of yours. i too am excited for you to meet this little one and welcome him or her into your family. sending love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I come back to your letter and now read it as you are reading to Tessa! Heart melts

    ReplyDelete