Saturday, October 6, 2012

Autumn Blessings

The leaves are changing, the wind is cooler, and we are gearing up for the coziness of Fall.


Two weeks ago we enjoyed one last trip to the beach.  It was on a school night and on a whim. Dave texted me to say he had something fun planned for dinner.  Of course my mind went right to sushi....but when he got home, he told me we were headed to the beach for one last Hurrah!  We were so thankful that our friends were able to join us as well. (Some of these pictures are credit to Colin Jalbert!)


Of course Kiptyn didn't hesitate to jump right into the water.  My little fish.



Dave and Madison running to the seagulls




As the sun set we got a beautiful show of colours

 
 

On the way home that night...of course we stopped for Shaws

 

The following weekend my cousin was married at the Beach House.  It was beautiful and oh so perfect.  The only thing missing was my husband.  We didn't have anyone to look after Kiptyn so he stayed home from the wedding.  I had a ton of fun with my family, but I really wish Dave could have joined us.

 
    


 My Mom and I took little Bug to the Western Fair a couple of weeks ago.  He loved looking at all of the animals, and watching My Little Pony Live.  I took him on his very first roller coaster ride.  When we first sat in the seats he was excited and all smiles.  When the ride started, he grasped my arm and looked up at me as if to say, "are we okay Mama?".  Although he never shed a tear he made tiny little noises that told me he just wasn't so sure.  The poor thing couldn't see over the edge of the ride when sitting down on the seat and it was very loud and bumpy.  I think next year he will be more than ready to take on the Caterpillar again!




Goats


Singing and Dancing


The same weekend we went to the Fall Fun Fair at Dave's parent's church.  Kiptyn was a little young for some of the stuff but he enjoyed crawling on the parachute, getting his face painted, dancing with Grandma, and Cotton Candy!



Neigbourhood parks are our "thing" these days when we have any free time at home.  Sometimes a walk before bedtime, somtimes a visit before dinner.  We always make time for the park.





 






 


Kiptyn had haircut #2!  It was getting much too long for my liking.  I put it off for almost a month longer than I should have as we got so busy with back to school.  This time, Kippy Boo sat in the airplane.



 We went out for breakfast afterward at Cora's and Kiptyn LOVED his strawberry banana smoothie


This child loves hats...even if they aren't his


Dave got me tickets to see Madonna for Valentine's Day, and the day finally arrived.  It was an amazing show and we had a really nice time away together. Definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity.




Dave recently put down some new soil on the lawn and did a bunch of "lawn-type-stuff-that-I-don't-know-about" to our grass to be sure it looks nice and green next year.  Kiptyn loved watching his Dad work outside.  When Dave decided to spray him (the glass door was shut) Kiptyn jumped into my arms and called, "Daaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!".  It was the cutest.




Bug got his first big Boo-Boo at this very window early last week.  He was looking outside and fell between the window and our big pot.  His head was wedged between the two and his ear was cut and bruised.  It was so sad to see him hurt.


We spent lots of time cuddling and playing around the house after that and he was soon on the mend.


 A rare sleep on the couch


This baby love corn on the cob more than anything....except sushi

 

 
 
 

We found this really cool farm not too far away where there were animals, hayrides, a pumpkin patch, ziplines, car-cycles, corn cannons, water balloon sling shots, face painting, pony rides, hay bale playgrounds, corn boxes, and a cute and cozy store with ice cream.  We had such a great time and ended up going again the following weekend with friends.  Here are the photos from the first visit.






 








I'll leave you with a few things we have been enjoying these days and I'll be back soon with some more Pumpkin Patch and Farm photos as well as a chat about daycare and what I have learned from the experience very soon.  Thanksgiving weekend has landed at the perfect time to do a double Blog update in one weekend!



Singing in the bath


Visits to Gammy & Gampy's house

 




Showing off where his "head" is


Kissy faces at Sushi

   
My "Kiptyn Shrine" at work


Trying on hats and mitts for the cooler weather


Exploring and just being a little Monkey!

Red Feather Pep Rally's at Work, and teaching the same dance to over 200 Grade 9 students within 6 hours at camp 


Watching Kiptyn dance under the table


Messy dinners (this is a rare one....it sort of stresses me out just looking at it...lol)

Nice warm baths with lots of toys


See ya soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment